Sunday 23 January 2011

Petrolhead...


So as predicted I haven’t done this every day, which whilst being predictable isnt impressive, I should probably head off to my room to think about what I have done, or not done as the case may be. However I would a) enjoy that and b) get fired for being in bed and not at my desk, where I ALWAYS am. No bitterness intended.

When I think about what I have done instead of blogging I am not satisfied, I have had a week of being fairly ranty (granted its only Monday) and am constantly checking myself before I lose my temper fully. Those of you who know me, are wondering exactly what is different to normal. I am doing a bad job of being organised, doing 100 million things bit by bit.

Anyway, my question today has to be directed at the people who fill my petrol tank, and before you whiny do gooders start banging on about how I should ‘fill my own tank’, think about ‘how much they get paid’ and so on and so forth. I take all that into consideration. I tip well, and would if needed fill my own car, but, and this is the big but. I don’t, they do, its their job, which they are paid for, I personally didn’t make them take the job (please insert more rants and more so ons and so forth as required). I drive to Abu Dhabi every day, I have my petrol buying off to a fine art. I know exactly how far a full tank will get me, to the kilometer. So finely tuned is my ability to know where I am at petrol wise that I know how much will get me to several different places, Hessa’s, my Mum’s, my house, The Yacht Club. Now, when I say give me a full tank, I mean it, I need it and I am prepared to pay for it. So to give me 490 km instead of 525 km because there is a queue of people behind me, makes me want to drive back to the petrol station and stamp my foot, or wrap the petrol hose around your neck, especially as I gave you a 10dhs tip for the bloody benefit of YOU deciding how much petrol my car requires. As any of you know who have tried to fill your car at any petrol station along the route between Dubai and Abu Dhabi you will know that Abu Dhabi side there is always a queue of up to 15 cars minimum, so I can understand the frustration and the stick which you must put up with, please however bear in mind that when I get about 5 minutes away and realize I have been short changed I am not only a little bit angry but livid. I realize that this could be fixed by a quick stop at another less busy petrol station, or getting up 15 minutes early and topping up. I work hard, I drive a long way and those 15 minutes of extra sleep time are worth every last minute. Selfish rant over.

Today I decided that I required my Louboutins to go with a new jacket, I also realized the mish mash of clothes that I am wearing, it makes me giggle. 3 compliments so far on the jacket, and 4 on the outfit as a whole, the shoes cost ten times more than the whole outfit. The jacket itself was 50dhs in Primark which just goes to prove to me that people don’t know the difference, and that I don’t care. I love my expensive shoes for their comfort and shiny red soles and everything else is just because I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment